125th Street Station, New York
Image by Dan Burkholder
Newburgh-Beacon Bridge Over Hudson River
Image by Dan Burkholder
Monday Apr 30
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Master Class - iPhone Artistry Workshop: A One-Day, Hands-On iPhone Extravaganza
with Dan Burkholder
Monday, April 30, 2012
10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
$240 HCP Members only!
Class Size: 12 students
This full day of hands-on iPhone Artistry will equip you with a packed arsenal of camera capture and image enhancement techniques that you can use daily with your iPhone.
This is your opportunity to learn the creative power and stunning output that is possible from your iPhone from one of todays leading experts in iPhoneography. Step by step youll learn the best, fastest and easiest ways to shoot and process images with your iPhone. We'll leave no stone unturned in this jam-packed day of iPhone Artistry!
- See how true HDR imaging (as opposed to software simulated HDR) is not only possible but easy with your iPhone.
- Create an iPhone workflow that takes you from capture to final image, with an emphasis on creating beautifully artistic images.
- Build your personal app suite that gives you all the capture and processing power you need on your iPhone.
- Practice panorama captures with your iPhone. Learn which software works best, combining up to 70 stitched images.
- Learn which apps are best for color, contrast, sharpening, texturizing and sharing.
What You Should Bring:
- You should bring your iPhone 3G (or newer preferred) to the workshop.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as your prepare:
- Have the latest iPhone system software installed.
- Make sure you have enough free space on your iPhone for images and new apps.
- Have an iTunes account in good working order (current credit card on file with iTunes, etc.) so you can make app purchases during the workshop (you might spend as much as $30 on software during the class).
- Dont forget your USB sync/charge cable and spare battery (you should have one).
Other Things that Can Help:
-Bring a notebook and lots of enthusiasm. And come well rested too!
The class fee includes a boxed lunch.
About Dan Burkholder
Dan Burkholder has a long history of looking beyond the photographic horizon to see, explore, and teach the next great thing in imaging. He has been teaching digital imaging workshops for 15 years at venues spanning three continents and several island countries. His workshops are known for their energy, information, and humor. Dans award-winning book, Making Digital Negatives for Contact Printing, has become a standard resource in the fine-art photography community. His recent book, The Color of Loss, documents the flooded interiors of post-Katrina New Orleans and is the first coffee-table book entirely produced using HDR methods. His new book, iPhone Artistry, is the most comprehensive and fun how-to book for creative iPhone photographers. Dans platinum/palladium and inkjet prints are included in public and private colletions internationally. His workshops are famous for their energy, information and humor.