Wednesday Jun 6
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Publishing your Photography book
With Theresa Escobedo
June 6, 13 and 20, 7:00 - 9:00pm
$125 HCP Members/ $155 non-members
Class Size: 7 Students
Self-publishing a photographic body of work can hold many benefits and possibilities. It can function as a personal photo album, promotional tool or sold as an artist book through numerous outlets. During this course, we will discuss the benefits of self-publishing, when it is appropriate, and how to lay out and design a professional, cohesive book. Students will gain hands-on practice by creating their own books.
This course includes outside-of-class assignments to practice what you’ve learned.
This course includes:
• Discussing uses for self-published books
• Overview of the top online self-publishing companies
• Lecture on principles of book layout and design
• Discuss the influence of typefaces and how to lay out text
• Hands-on practice
• Group feedback prior to submitting layout for publication
What to bring to class:
• CD or flash drive with 10 or more images
Students taking this class should have a working knowledge of Photoshop and a group of photographs they want to publish.
The following HCP courses are recommended pre-requisites:
Beginning Digital: Photoshop Basics
Early Registration (May 11- 17) is for HCP members only.
The course fee includes all 3 days.
Click Membership & Support in the left column to join HCP now!
Registration for the general public begins Friday, May 18th.