Learning Curve 6: HCP’s Student Exhibition
Juried by Jennifer Ward, FotoFest Exhibitions Coordinator
THIS CALL IS NOW CLOSED
Learning Curve is an annual exhibition of selected work made by HCP´s students from the past year. From digital to alternative processes, the exhibition highlights the various educational programs HCP offers through its Learning Center.
HCP offers over 300 workshops and classes a year ranging in skill level and medium reaching over 1,000 lifelong learners. The instructors that lead these photography workshops are local professional photographers and artists that are able to share their knowledge with the Houston community. In addition to the group of instructors from Houston, HCP also hosts classes taught by visiting artists from across the nation such as Henry Horenstein, Dan Burkholder, Susan Burnstine, and Joni Sternbach. With a large and experienced group of instructors, HCP is able to offer something to students of all levels and photographic experiences.
HCP's next Learning Curve exhibition is on view in the Learning Center Gallery from September 7 - October 27, 2012.
Anyone who has taken a class or workshop at HCP between September 2011 and July 2012 is invited to submit work for this exhibition.
Artwork selected to be included in the exhibition must:
• Have been taken within the past year
• Be framed in a black frame no larger than 16" x 20"
• Have a submission form with the print
• To enter, email up to five images, a completed entry form and artist statement to email@example.com.
• Images must be 72dpi no larger than seven inches in the longest dimension.
• Each jpg file must be titled following the format "last name"_"first name"_"title". If untitled, name your submission according to the order in the submission form. For example Mary Smith would be Mary_Smith_example.
• There is no fee to submit your images and participate in this exhibition.
Click here to see the images selected in Learning Curve 6.
• Submission Deadline: Thursday, August 2 – midnight.
• Notification (via email): Friday, August 10
• Submissions Drop-off: Thursday, August 10 – Sunday, August 26
• Opening Reception: Friday, September 7, 6pm – 8pm
• Exhibition dates: September 7 – October 27, 2012
• Work Pick-up Date: Starting November 13, 2012 (work not picked up 30 days after the close of the exhibition become property of HCP)
For more information: