Exhibitions & Programs Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Full-time, Exempt position
Houston Center for Photography seeks a creative and experienced Exhibitions and Programs Coordinator to assist in the implementation of HCP’s exhibitions and programming schedule. The successful candidate for this position will have a minimum of three years of related experience, excellent organizational, interpersonal, and managerial skills, a passion for photography, and knowledge of art handling and installation. This position requires a degree in a related field, proven exhibition experience, and excellent oral, written, and computer skills. HCP is looking for a forward-thinking individual with a dedication to advancing photography’s role in society as well as within the larger fine art discourse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaboration with the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and staff to advance the mission and goals of the organization in regards to exhibitions and programming
- Prepare annual exhibition schedule and budget in collaboration with Executive Director
- Schedule artist talks, exhibition committee meetings, and workshops with exhibiting artists, in collaboration with Executive Director
- Produce photographic and video content in collaboration with the Marketing & Sales Coordinator as needed
- Lead the mounting and installation of exhibitions
- Plan and coordinate schedules and exhibition-related activities for visiting artists and jurors
- Create artist and curator contracts, exhibition checklists, ship and receive artwork, and generate condition reports
- Plan and attend opening receptions and artist dinners, liaise with community organizations for exhibition tours, and serve as a representative for the organization at peer institution events
- Work with a graphic designer on exhibition-related print and media, plan press releases with Executive Director and Marketing & Sales Coordinator
- Oversee the maintenance of the gallery facilities
- Actively participate in and assist with the leadership of the Exhibitions, Auction, and Publications Committees
- Maintain the website with relevant information and work closely with the Marketing & Sales Coordinator on all printed and online promotions
Wages and Schedule:
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume with references as a single PDF. Multiple documents will not be opened. Subject Line: Exhibitions & Programs Coordinator Application. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
About Houston Center for Photography
Houston Center for Photography’s mission is to increase society’s understanding and appreciation of photography and its evolving role in contemporary culture. HCP encourages artists, builds audiences, stimulates dialogue, and promotes inquiry about photography and related media through education, exhibitions, publications, fellowship programs, and community collaborations. HCP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving as a resource to its members and the community with programs that have regional and national impact.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Houston Center for Photography is committed to enhancing our community and encourages applications from qualified individuals with varied backgrounds, experiences and ideas who would increase the diversity of HCP.