Collaborations is a semester-long photography program, which brings together high school students from various areas of Houston to work together in creating a group exhibition of their own work at Houston Center for Photography. Throughout the program, students develop skills in photography, teamwork, and communication as they learn about photography together and share ideas and creative work.
View the Spring 2020 Collaborations Exhibition, I am that I am, here.
Why participate in Collaborations?
- Build confidence while presenting your work during regular critiques
- Meet professionals working within photography-related careers
- Go on field trips to various art organizations
- Form relationships with other students interested in photography
- Develop skills to further your career in photography
- Exhibit your work at the leading photography gallery in the region
The Spring 2021 Collaborations group will meet virtually through Zoom on Tuesdays from 5 – 7pm during the spring semester from January 19 – May 4, 2021 (No class on March 16th).
An exhibition featuring the students’ work will be held at HCP from May 21* – July 3, 2021.
*The format and time of the opening reception are to be determined.
A limited number of scholarships are available. To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must complete the scholarship application included within the general program application and answer all questions in their entirety. Program limited to 20 participants.
The application is now closed. Please check back in August 2021 for the Spring 2022 Collaborations Program application.
For more information about Collaborations or questions regarding the application, please contact Community Education Manager, Natalie Rodgers, by e-mail below.