Collaborations is a semester-long photography program, which brings together high school students from various areas of Houston to work together in creating a group exhibition of their own work at Houston Center for Photography. Throughout the program, students develop skills in photography, teamwork, and communication as they learn about photography together and share ideas and creative work.
View the Spring 2021 Collaborations Exhibition, Isolation, now on view at Houston Center for Photography through September 5, 2021.
Why participate in Collaborations?
- Build confidence while presenting your work during regular critiques
- Meet professionals working within photography-related careers
- Go on field trips to various art organizations
- Form relationships with other students interested in photography
- Develop skills to further your career in photography
- Exhibit your work at the leading photography gallery in the region
- Application Open: Wednesday, July 28th
- Applications Due: Sunday, November 7th by 11:59 pm CT
- Notification: Students will be notified by November 19th
- Tentative Orientation: December 7th
A limited number of scholarships are available. To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must complete the scholarship application included within the general program application and answer all questions in their entirety. Program limited to 20 participants.
Applications for the Collaborations program are now open! Please submit your application by Sunday, November 7th, 11:59 pm CT.
For more information about Collaborations or questions regarding the application, please contact Community Education Manager, Natalie Rodgers, by e-mail below.