Collaborations is a semester-long photography program, which brings together high school students from various areas of Houston to work together in creating a group exhibition of their own work at Houston Center for Photography. Throughout the program, students develop skills in photography, teamwork, and communication as they learn about photography together and share ideas and creative work.
Why participate in Collaborations?
- Build confidence while presenting your work during regular critiques
- Meet professionals working within photography-related careers
- Go on field trips to various art organizations
- Form relationships with other students interested in photography
- Develop skills to further your career in photography
- Exhibit your work at the leading photography gallery in the region
- Application Open: Applications are now closed for the Spring 2022 program. Please check back in August 2022 for the Spring 2023 application.
- Applications Due: Date TBD for Spring 2023 program
- Notification: Date TBD for Spring 2023 program
- Orientation: Date TBD for Spring 2023 program
- Program Schedule: Tuesdays, 5 – 7pm; Dates TBD for Spring 2023 program
- Location: All classes will take place in person at Houston Center for Photography except for field trips which are to be determined.
A limited number of scholarships are available. To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must complete the scholarship application included within the general program application and answer all questions in their entirety. Program limited to 15 participants.
Applications are now closed for the Spring 2022 program. Please check back in August 2022 for the Spring 2023 application.
For more information about Collaborations or questions regarding the application, please contact Access and Community Education Associate, Anne Houang, by e-mail below.