Collaborations is an intensive, after-school program that celebrates photography and encourages cooperation and teamwork between Houston-area high school students as they create an exhibition from beginning to end. For fifteen weeks, the students meet once a week at Houston Center for Photography and at partner organizations like The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and Hardy & Nance Studios to discuss various photographic processes, view original works by master photographers, and learn about various professional paths related to photography and lens-based art by interacting with curators, educators, and collection managers.
Why participate in Collaborations?
- Build confidence while presenting your work during regular critiques
- Meet professionals working within photography-related careers
- Go on field trips to various art organizations
- Form relationships with other students interested in photography
- Develop skills to further your career in photography
- Exhibit your work at the leading photography gallery in the region
- Applications Open: Monday September 12, 2022
- Applications Deadline: Sunday October 23, 2022
- Notification: Friday November 11, 2022
- Mandatory Orientation (virtual): Tuesday December 13, 6-7pm
The program will take place on Tuesdays, from 5 to 7 pm, from January 10 to April 24, 2023. All classes will be in person at the Houston Center for Photography except for field trips, which are to be determined.
A limited number of scholarships are available. To be considered for a scholarship, applicants must complete the scholarship application included within the general program application and answer all questions in their entirety. Program limited to 16 participants.
Apply to Collaborations XX: