Join us for hybrid (online and in person) educational photography workshops. These community-driven workshops focus on photography as a means for creative expression and acquiring basic photography skills. Learn and practice various aspects of photography such as composition and lighting. No prior experience is required and all levels of proficiency and camera types are welcome. Please see below for more information regarding upcoming workshops.
Our Levy Park workshop series will conclude in the spring with a group exhibition featuring works by participating students throughout the past year. View the first annual Views from Levy Park exhibition here, featuring photographic works by artists who participated in our monthly workshops from May 2019 – April 2020.
Intentional Mistake: Let’s break the rules! Learn how to intentionally disregard established photographic guidelines and instead utilize special metering conditions to create images of purpose and interest.
- 6 – 7pm, Tuesday, November 17, 2020: Live Video Lesson via Zoom
- Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89453817487?pwd=N3A4Uld6MTlxbm0xc29mb3JGT041dz09
- Meeting ID: 894 5381 7487
- Password: i1j4WL
9 – 10am, Saturday, November 21, 2020: In Person Photo Shoot at Levy Park (Face masks and social distancing required.)CANCELLED
Creating a Series: Learn how one idea or theme may be expressed through multiple photographs all created within the same style. In this session, the instructor will help to identify personal photographic styles and begin considering pieces to showcase for the culminating exhibition on April 17, 2021.
- 6 – 7pm, Tuesday, December 1, 2020: Live Video Lesson via Zoom
- Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87844011892?pwd=Q0lnRmtrZGFDeHBndHh6emZTWjMrUT09
- Meeting ID: 878 4401 1892
- Password: 0R9Eze
- 9 – 10am, Saturday, December 5, 2020: In Person Photo Shoot at Levy Park (Face masks and social distancing required.)
Sequencing & Storytelling: Consider how a carefully ordered series of photographs may be used to tell a narrative. In this session, the instructor will continue to help in identifying personal photographic styles and considering pieces to showcase for the culminating exhibition on April 17, 2021.
- 6 – 7pm, Tuesday, December 15, 2020: Live Video Lesson via Zoom
- Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87583610717?pwd=NFdCSXhZQUdqV3hkeHVNRDNnaVR4QT09
- Meeting ID: 875 8361 0717
- Password: P3HVz0
- 9 – 10am, Saturday, December 19, 2020: In Person Photo Shoot at Levy Park (Face masks and social distancing required.)
Online and in person at Levy Park, 3801 Eastside St., Houston, TX 77098
Starting the week of October 12th, the Levy Park Workshop will begin following a hybrid format including both a live video lesson and a socially distanced photo shoot for each lesson and will continue in this format until further notice.
Live Zoom Lesson: 6 – 7pm, Tuesdays preceding the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month starting on October 13, 2020
In Person Photo Shoot at the Park: 9 – 10am, 1st and 3rd Saturdays of the month starting on October 17, 2020
Face masks and social distancing will be required for all workshop participants. Please review and sign our COVID-19 Liability Waiver prior to participating in the in-person portion of the workshop by clicking on the button below.
Please contact Community Education Manager, Natalie Rodgers by e-mail below.
For cancellations, please check back on this page or the Levy Park website.