Artist Emergency Relief Grant
Houston Center for Photography & Beth Block Foundation
In response to the current crisis presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, Houston Center for Photography and The Beth Block Foundation have redistributed funds from the Beth Block Honoraria, which annually supports three artists with $1,000 grants during our summer Center Annual exhibition, to create a one-time, emergency relief grant for a local photographer impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. This $3,000 grant is intended to provide support through this crisis that will be used for basic needs by a local, lens-based artist. Applicants must be practicing photographers, able to demonstrate a commitment to their work, careers, and public audiences, and reside within a 100-mile radius of Houston, Texas. Photographers of all disciplines, regardless of race, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability status, or socioeconomic class, are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted from May 15, 2020 through June 22, 2020. One applicant will be selected by July 15, 2020.
To be eligible for the Beth Block Relief Grant, applicants must be:
- Experiencing demonstrable financial emergencies due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Practicing photographers, able to demonstrate a commitment to their work, careers, & public audiences
- Able to provide a W9 —we will collect this information after you’ve been notified of your selection
- Residing and working within 100 miles of Houston, TX
STEP 1. PREPARE ALL RELATED TEXTS
You will need to have the following information available:
- A one-page letter of intent & statement of financial need that describes how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted your financial wellbeing, why you need support at this moment, and details about how this grant would be used (food, housing, utilities, caretaking of dependents, medical assistance, etc).
- Brief statement about you & your work.
- Resume, CV, or other documentation of recent and sustained activity in artistic discipline.
- Please provide a URL to your website, social media, press link, or any other digital presence that demonstrates your work.
STEP 2. BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS
You will need to click submit to begin the submission process. Then you can start to copy/paste your letter of intent and financial need and C/V into the form and complete the questions.
HCP staff, Board, Advisory Council, Committee members, and their significant others are not eligible to apply.
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR SUBMISSION PLEASE CONTACT:
Zitlaly Valenzuela Jimenez, Development Coordinator
713-529-4755 x16 or email@example.com
How to Enter
Complete a Submittable application
Statements and/or bios are required
There is no fee to submit your application
Application Opens: May 15, 2020
Submission Deadline: June 22, 2020
Notification (via email): July 15, 2020