Software developers and trainers live with an open secret — most creativity applications like Photoshop and Lightroom, and even productivity software like Google Docs, are built with the assumption that users will already know the basic features and functionality built into the Mac. The same is true of software courses. This course is designed as a kind of “missing manual” for the features and functionality that developers and trainers assume you know, including:
• Core elements of the Mac user interface such as the menu bar, the Apple menu, keyboard shortcuts, contextual menus, window elements, dialog boxes, and sheets
• Key features of the Finder such as the Desktop, the Dock, window sidebars and views, the preview panel, Spotlight (search), and Quick View
• Customizing your desktop and folder icons
• System preferences for configuring mice, keyboards, sound, tablets, and more
• Basic methods of transferring files from your camera to your computer
• Copying, moving, and organizing files and folders hierarchically
• Using split-screen and Spaces
Whether you’re completely new to digital photography, you are switching to Mac from Windows, or simply want to brush up on your basic Mac skills before diving into a software course at HCP, This course is designed for you!
Registration & Fees:
Attention: This class has been moved online in response to the growing impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Please register as you normally would, and Houston Center for Photography staff will update you with information and a link to take this course at it’s scheduled time.
To participate in an online course, students will need access to a desktop or laptop computer with an internet connection. If you have any questions about navigating our new system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.