This call will open on June 20, 2019
Deadline: July 26, 2019
Juried by Emily Peacock, practicing artist and Assistant Professor at Sam Houston State University
Learning Curve is an annual exhibition of selected work made by HCP´s students from the past year. From digital to alternative processes, the exhibition highlights the various educational programs HCP offers through its Learning Center.
The Houston Center for Photography offers over 300 workshops and classes a year ranging in skill level and medium reaching over 1,000 lifelong learners. The instructors that lead these photography workshops are local professional photographers and artists that are able to share their knowledge with the Houston community. In addition to the group of instructors from Houston, HCP also hosts classes taught by visiting artists from across the nation such as Duane Michals, Dornith Doherty, Susan Burnstine, Henry Horenstein, and Joni Sternbach. With a large and experienced group of instructors, HCP is able to offer something to students of all levels and photographic experiences.
HCP’s next Learning Curve exhibition is on view in the East Gallery from September 13, 2018 to November 10, 2019.
Anyone who has taken a course or workshop at HCP between January 2018 and June 2019 is invited to submit work for this exhibition. Please list the name of the course(s) taken in the past year in the biography section of your application.
How to Enter
- To enter, upload up to five images and artist statement
- Please list the name of the course(s) taken in the past year in the biography section of your application.
- Include image details: Title, Medium, Year, Dimensions
- There is no fee to submit your images and participate in this exhibition.
Artwork selected to be included in the exhibition must:
- Have been taken within the past year
- Call For Entry Opens: June 21, 2019
- Submission Deadline: July 26, 2019
- Notification (via email): August 12, 2019
- Submissions Drop-off: August 12– September 6 (during gallery hours), 2019
- Opening Reception: Friday, September 13, 5:30pm – 8pm
- Exhibition dates: September 13 through November 10, 2019
- Work Pick-up Date: Starting Monday, November 11, 2018 (work not picked up after 30 days becomes property of HCP)
For more information
Please contact us at 713.529.4755 or by email below