Health & Safety
April 21, 2022
We continue to welcome you to our gallery and community programming events to explore photography with us!
HCP admission remains free, and each person entering the gallery is asked to sign in at the front desk for admission.
HCP remains committed to supporting the health and safety of our community and the well-being of our staff, artists, and other cultural workers around the city. With the ongoing concerns over COVID-19, please monitor your health and regard the following protocols when planning to visit HCP.
- Masks are recommended in the gallery.
- When attending in-person classes, workshops, or events, we recommend you only visit if you are fully vaccinated, have had a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours before the event, and are feeling well.
How We’re Keeping You Safe
HCP used CDC recommendations, guidelines from the State of Texas, and museums and other cultural institutions nationwide to create our reopening policies and procedures.
Health and Safety Practices include:
- Following City and State guidelines, face masks are recommended for visitors, except for children younger than two years old. Complimentary masks are available.
- Social distancing between parties is recommended
- Separate entrance and exit to the gallery
- Barrier shield in front of the admissions desk
- Hand sanitizer stations installed throughout the gallery
- Cleaning procedures following CDC guidelines
- HCP in-person classes and workshops capacity is limited
- John Cleary Library is temporarily closed until further notice
- Wednesday–Thursday: 11 am – 7 pm
- Friday: 11 am – 5 pm
- Saturday–Sunday: 11 am – 7 pm
- Monday–Friday: 9 am – 5 pm