Interdisciplinary Craft + Photography Artist Residency
Houston Center for Photography (HCP) is pleased to partner with Houston Center for Contemporary Craft (HCCC) to offer a new Interdisciplinary Craft + Photography Artist Residency, a program designed for artists creating work at the intersection of contemporary craft and photography.
This three-month residency supports artists with an experimental, multidisciplinary edge, who are testing the boundaries within both fields. Interdisciplinary Craft + Photography residents will be hosted in a studio space at HCCC and will receive all the benefits of regular HCCC resident artists.
Benefits include 24/7 access to studio space, cultural and professional development opportunities, and a monthly stipend that includes a small housing/materials allowance. In addition, residents will receive printing credits and full access to the Digital Lab at HCP. Artists will participate in a joint artist talk and will be included in HCCC’s annual In Residence exhibition, as well as receive a feature in HCP’s spot magazine.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate and address how their practice engages the fields of both craft and photography. Additionally, applicants must provide the following information when completing the online application:
- Artist Statement: In one page or less, describe your creative work, process, technique, and conceptual development. Tie your statement to a specific process or work that is depicted in your images.
- Resume: Three pages or less.
- Three References: Provide contact information for three references. References will be contacted in the final stages of the interview process.
- Images of 10 Works Created within the Last Two Years: Upload one wide shot and one detail for each of 10 pieces, for a total number of 20 images.
- International Applicants: International applicants must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.— green card or appropriate visa—with application.
For technical assistance with the online application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM CST.
For questions regarding the application requirements, please email email@example.com.